Top 5 take away tips
1. It is normal for people who have suffered a SCI to experience a grief like reaction whilst they come to terms with and learn to live with their injury.
2. Try to focus on realistic expectations and start small.
3. Balance between rehabilitation, resting and other hobbies, interests and exercise whilst also maintaining routine and structure.
4. Reach out to friends, family and charities for support including SIA peer support, BackUp mentors and use of online forums and message boards within those organisations.
5. Routines can be disrupted for example from pressure sores or COVID. When this happens, try and keep some form of structure and maintain contact with your support network.